Remember, Richard, Shakespeare said, “Brevity is the soul of wit.” So here we go.
- January: An ice storm gripped Oklahoma.
- March: Abby’s daughter Chele married Tom Reeves in a traditional Catholic ceremony in Reisterstown, Maryland.
- May: One of our closest friends, Ann Kelley, is diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. She would later learn that it is inoperable.
- May: My sister Nicole’s dog Griffin died.
- June: We bought Abby a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- June: After a short battle with vascular disease, my mother, Sarah Jo Barron, died in hospice care in Palm Coast, Florida. She had just turned 74.
- August: Our friends Wil and Marline Fry moved to Killeen, Texas.
- September: I was able to buy a Nissan Rogue crossover SUV.
- October: Abby and I took the dogs to Moab, Utah, for our annual anniversary vacation, where we met several friends and had a terrific time.
- November: I returned to the high desert of New Mexico for a hiking tour of Chaco Canyon and the surrounding area.
- November: Chele and Tom came to Oklahoma for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- December: A blizzard struck Oklahoma on Christmas Eve, stranding motorists across the state. We were lucky in that we got home from Abby’s home town before the worst of it struck.
Another pithy year-end roundup. (Patting myself on the back.)