As many of you know, last year I was forced to migrate richardbarron.net, to our new web host, ipower.com, which I picked because it has nice features and a bargain price.
The reasons we left mysitespace.com are…
- They changed control panels from an elegant, simple interface to an awkward, incomplete system.
- Our purchase plan included unlimited subdomains, yet the control panel no longer supports subdomains.
- Our plan also included unlimited email accounts, but when I discovered in the control panel that I only had 250, mysitespace told me that they “no longer supported” unlimited mailboxes. Essentially, fraud.
- My calls to tech support were answered by people in India, indicating that mysitespace has outsourced at least some of their functions to foreign workers.
- Email complaints about these issues were answered with a “too bad” attitude, and they took 3 or 4 days to reply.
- If you are a new subscriber, their prices are MUCH higher than when I signed up.
This is a service economy. Since they are providing bad service, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of their customers are leaving as well. I would definitely NOT recommend mysitespace.com.