I know we are all busy people, and seldom interested in the lives of others, so I will try to be brief.
- January: We received visits from both Robert Stinson and Scott Andersen, friends and photographers I have known since college.
January: I used credit card rewards points to purchase a new AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G.
- February: Our newspaper changed editors, resulting in an exponential improvement in our work environment.
- May: I was awarded another Associated Press/Oklahoma News Executives sweepstakes trophy for photography.
- May: Abby and I used social media to return a lost dog to his owner.
- May: I was able to remain on the scene well inside police lines during a standoff and shootout near our home.
- June: Summer became the Summer of Antennas as I completely reorganized the garage and installed new scanner and amateur radio antennas there and inside our home office.
- June: Abby and I took a New Mexico vacation, The Enchanted Circle.
July: Abby bought me a new power washer, which I use extensively to clean the house and wash the cars.
- July: Abby’s sister Gail had shingles involving her eye, requiring emergency surgery.
- August: We enjoyed another visit from photographer Robert Stinson.
- September: Abby and I finally constructed (with a paid carpenter) and painted a new front porch and deck, then rebuilt and painted our back deck. Fall then became known as The Autumn of Construction.
- October: Abby and I celebrated our 12th anniversary with a Utah adventure, The Endless Sky.
- December: Abby and I traveled to Baltimore to spend Christmas with Abby’s daughter Chele, her husband Tom, and our grandson Paul.