Giant Scorpions Ate My Dog!

Okay, giant scorpions didn’t actually eat my dog. And they weren’t actually giant. Sierra the Chihuahua got stung by a small scorpion she accosted in the living room.

Ironically, I just returned from a trip to the desert (trip report here), and we didn’t see a single scorpion.

It was time for a visit from the pest control people anyway, so I called them and they told me, “Scorpions are gonna be really bad this year.”

I also called the vet, who told me to give Sierra a quarter of a Benadryl.

This is the arachnid that caused such a stir today, which I trapped in case the vet needed to identify it. I'd say it's the size of a large Wolf spider.
This is the arachnid that caused such a stir today, which I trapped in case the vet needed to identify it. I'd say it's the size of a large Wolf spider.

1 Comment

  1. The pest control guy was right. Scorpions are so bad this year, they’re doing commercials for Stanley Steemer! I do not lie!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *