1. “Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.” – George Carlin
5. Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
6. Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
9. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
12. “It ain’t those parts of the Bible that I can’t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.” – Mark Twain
13. “A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.” – Mark Twain
21. “If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor.” – Voltaire
22. Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities. – Voltaire
45. There’s a phrase we live by in America: “In God We Trust”. It’s right there where Jesus would want it: on our money.
48. “Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov