Also, as most of you who are not hung over know, Barack Obama was elected to be our next POTUS. Yay.
Here are some interesting facts about yesterday’s election:
- Even though Abby and I voted in the same place and less than ten minutes apart, we did not see each other there.
- Abby would not tell me how she voted, nor will she ever, nor will I urge her to tell me unless she wants to.
- I voted straight party (on all but one item.) When I told Abby this, she asked, “Which one?”
- My straight Democratic Party vote was tainted by one candidate, a Pontotoc County Commissioner running for state representative. His bid for election jumped the shark early on when his campaign began calling the house weekly, eventually becoming such a pest that we were getting rude with them. Eventually he stooped to lying about Republican Todd Thomsen, who I like and trust despite his rightish ideology.
- It appears that Oklahoma, embarrassingly enough, had the highest percentage of votes for John McCain. Grrr.
- Our dogs and goats were not allowed to cast votes.
I am excited about Obama becoming president.