We just spent a week with the “Kids,” my wife Abby’s daughter Dawna Michele “Chele” Reeves, her husband Tom Reeves, and their son, our grandson Paul, who is about to turn four. Each year they alternate when they visit, Christmas or Thanksgiving, and this year we hosted them for Thanksgiving. Since we share Christmas gifts, we know it as “Christmagiving.”
- Last year we gave Paul a motorized John Deere lawn tractor, but weather prevented him from playing with it. This year, he rode it every day, including one day with me riding our real law tractor.
- We had “Christmas morning” on Tuesday so everyone would have time to play with their gifts.
- Tom and I made some time to shoot. I saved some tea bottles over the past month or so, so we had plenty of targets.
- My admonitions about holiday meals in a previous blog post apparently carried some weight, because with Chele cooking and me assisting, we were able to make a nice meal that wasn’t too complicated, and everyone enjoyed it.
- Max the Chihuahua bonded with Paul since he was an infant, and on this trip, the two were best friends.
Abby and I saw the Kids off this morning. Everyone had a great time.
Looks like another stellar visit.
Paul just looks like you more and more.
Wait, what? I watched the video once, but then? It turned into a video of old people playing call of duty? Anyway, paul is adorable and buying him that john Deere thing was genius.
YouTube suggests more videos after the one you’ve just watched. Sometimes it’s based on your preferences, but sometimes it’s sponsored, like the Call of Duty ad. When your video is done, YouTube displays a little “replay” button in the lower left hand corner if you want to replay the video.
I really do love the photo idea at bottom… :-) I might actually make physical prints to do something like that.
Richard, what a fun read, and nice family photos.