Some of you who know me well know I have been a vegetarian since 1989, and a dietary vegan since 1994. Over the years, the choice to devote my energies to these pursuits has been one of the best I have ever made. Why? All the right reasons…
- It’s physically good for me in every way, and has no down side for my health whatsoever. Simply put, I feel great.
- It lends itself to the slogan, “Eat to live, don’t live to eat.”
- It contributes more to conserve our fragile planet than many more popular efforts, when you consider the vast resources devoted to production of meat, dairy and eggs.
- It respects the lives of animals. I believe that we have as much right to exist as any other creature on the planet, and that we have as much right to its resources. I do not believe it is our right to squander the world around us to feed our decadent luxury, which in the process makes us fat and weak.
- I take immense pride and joy in the foods I grow and eat on our happy little patch of land.
Now that you have read this, go have a peach!