- In January, I introduced Dan Marsh to an old haunt, the Wichita Mountains.
- In late March, I embarked on what turned out to be one of my best hiking trips so far, My Two Cents.
- In May, long-time friend Scott Andersen, who I hadn’t seen in nearly 20 years, came for a visit.
- In the summer, I tried coloring my beard, which we now consider a mistake.
- In August, Abby took a trip to Baltimore to spend time with her daughter Chele and her family.
In September, I responded to the internet’s “ice bucket challenge” with my own vegan challenge.
- In October, Abby and I travelled to Moab, Utah, where we got married, for our tenth anniversary.
- In late November, Abby’s daughter Chele, her husband Tom, and our grandson Paul came to visit for Christmagiving.