I have a big hiking trip coming up, and it’s with some of my fitter friends, so I’ve been trying to push myself hard when I work on the patch. Today I…
- Carried all the peach branches and stumps, which I created when I cut down Dorothy’s oldest peach tree, which was dead, to the brush pile.
- Mowed the front yard with the push mower.
- Mowed under the Rose-of-Sharon bushes lining the driveway with the push mower, which is among the most strenuous activities I ever do.
- Mowed a large portion of the “golf course” on the riding mower.
- Dug out the “hump” of earth left behind after removing the two dead Rose-of-Sharon with the chain saw last week.
- Moved the earth, which filled seven wheelbarrows, to a low spot near the garden.
- Put the chain back on my chain saw – it had flown off when I was cutting down the peach tree.
It was insanely nice weather out, so I had a great time. I want to keep pushing myself as much as possible so I’ll be in decent shape for my trip.