“Spare. Pithy. Lean. Concise.” ~Interiors
- Our first grandchild, Paul Thomas Reeves, was born January 16 to Abby’s daughter Chele and her husband Tom.
- Intense cold and snow envelope Oklahoma in February, including an all-time state record low of -31˚F in Nowata.
- In April, Robert Stinson and I travelled to Utah for a hiking and photography trip called Art in Every Stone.
- Abby and I flew to Baltimore for our grandson’s Christening into the Roman Catholic Church in May.
- In June, my newspaper shut down its press and sold it, moving printing services to our sister paper in Norman, Oklahoma.
- In July, it was again my privilege to teach photography at East Central University as well as my ongoing gig at the Pontotoc Technology Center.
- In contrast to the bone-chilling cold of the previous winter, August was particularly dry and hot, spawning a number of grassfires, including one in the pasture behind our own house.
- Tom and Chele flew to Oklahoma with our grandson for a visit in August.
- In early October, The Shoffner family hosted another excellent reunion in Duncan, Oklahoma.
- Later in October, Abby and I took our anniversary trip, including three nights in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- My sister Nicole got married to Tracey Hammill on December 3.
- Abby suffered a heart attack just after returning from Nicole’s wedding, but received a coronary stent and was home in just three days.
- Chele, Tom and Paul Thomas were able to fly to Oklahoma to spend Christmas with us.