Welcome to my surprisingly pithy year in review. What happened in 2010?
- January: After a Christmas blizzard, a crippling ice storm gripped the state at the end of January.
- April: Drove to Utah for a week of hiking. The trip was named “The Whirlwind” due to returning early because…
- April: Abby’s father became critically ill. He died April 15 at the ago of 86.
- May: Abby flew to Baltimore for a week with her daughter.
- June: Abby and I found and bought a well-used 34-foot Fleetwood Bounder motor home.
- July: Max the Chihuahua cornered a skunk in the front yard during the night, got sprayed at point-blank range, then got in bed with us.
- July: Abby’s daughter announced that she is pregnant with her first child.
- August: Mitchell left home. He turned 18 in August.
- September: Our friends Matt and Michelle came for a visit, during which we had a festival of shooting both guns and cameras.
- September: Abby and I bought her a new Nissan Frontier pickup to replace her dying Jeep.
- October: Abby’s family reunion in Duncan was named “Wild Ass Reunion” because the main activity was riding a wild donkey.
- October: Abby and I traveled to Utah for our sixth anniversary on a trip named “The Sixth Sense.”
- November: I drove to southern New Mexico to explore some areas I hadn’t visited before on a trip called, “Lost in the Sun.”
- November: Abby and I spent Thanksgiving with my cousin Lori and her husband in Platte City, Missouri.
- December: Finished the long-awaited conversion of richardbarron.net to an all-WordPress format.