- For starters, “blog” is slang for “web log,” even though blogs aren’t web logs at all. It’s all very “KFC used to be Kentucky Fried Chicken”-esque.
- That stupid pale green and yellow polka-dot blogger.com background pattern is a death knell. I would rather cough up a lung than read a blog on that crap.
- If your blog is called “(YOUR NAME)’s Great Blog,” give up. And not just at blogging.
- “Brevity is the soul of wit.” –William Shakespeare. The details of the bus ride to get your new cell phone battery might not top everyone’s list.
- No one wants to hear you complain about other blogs. Unless you are being ironic. I leave it to you to decide which this is.